Links for further Information
- News story 1: The Sun Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, Florida) cover story regarding several patients treated at the Institute of Neurological Recovery in Boca Raton, Florida with perispinal etanercept following stroke, by Nicole Brochu, entitled “Boca doctor gives stroke survivors new shot at mobility, independence”.
- News story 2: The Daily Dunklin Democrat story about two friends from the same Missouri town who each improved after perispinal etanercept treatment, entitled “Neighbors: Local women talk stroke recovery”.
- News story 3: Legal news coverage of the favorable patent ruling for party Tobinick in the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC), May 2014, in Patent Docs, Tobinick v. Olmarker, by Kevin E. Noonan.
- Google Scholar citations to the scientific publications of INR physicians.
- The abstract and link to the full text of the published, peer-reviewed article, written by multiple INR physicians, including Nancy Kim MD, entitled “Selective TNF Inhibition for chronic stroke and traumatic brain injury: an observational study involving 629 consecutive patients treated with perispinal etanercept.” CNS Drugs, 2012. 26(12): p. 1051-70.
- The abstract and link to the full text (PDF) of the published, peer-reviewed article, entitled “Rapid cognitive improvement in Alzheimer’s disease following perispinal etanercept administration.” J Neuroinflammation, 2008. 5: p. 2, written by Edward Tobinick MD and Hyman Gross MD.
- The full text PDF of the peer-reviewed, published article entitled, “Perispinal Etanercept for Post-Stroke Neurological and Cognitive Dysfunction: Scientific Rationale and Current Evidence.” by Tracey Ignatowski, Robert Spengler, Krishnan Dhandapani, Hedy Folkersma, Roger Butterworth, and Edward Tobinick, CNS Drugs, 2014, published May 27, 2014.
With respect to disc-related pain, please see:
- Freeman BJ, Ludbrook GL, Hall S, Cousins M, Mitchell B, Jaros M, et al. Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-Controlled, Trial of Transforaminal Epidural Etanercept for the Treatment of Symptomatic Lumbar Disc Herniation. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2013;38(23):1986-94. Epub 2013/10/30.
- Sainoh T, Orita S, Yamauchi K, Suzuki M, Sakuma Y, Kubota G, et al. Intradiscal Administration of Tumor Necrosis Factor-Alpha Inhibitor, Etanercept, Clinically Improves Intractable Discogenic Low Back Pain: A Prospective Randomized Study. International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine 40th Annual Meeting; Scottsdale, Arizona 2013.
- Ohtori S, Miyagi M, Eguchi Y, Inoue G, Orita S, Ochiai N, et al. Epidural administration of spinal nerves with the tumor necrosis factor-alpha inhibitor, etanercept, compared with dexamethasone for treatment of sciatica in patients with lumbar spinal stenosis: a prospective randomized study. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012;37(6):439-44. Epub 2011/10/25.
- Kaufman EL, Carl A. Biochemistry of Back Pain. The Open Spine Journal. 2013;5:12-8. Epub 16 August 2013. Download Full-Text PDF of this study, that discusses the Sainoh clinical trial results in comparison with the Tobinick et. al. 2003 article(Tobinick EL, Britschgi-Davoodifar S. Perispinal TNF-alpha inhibition for discogenic pain. Swiss Med Wkly. 2003;133(11-12):170-7. Epub 2003/04/26; Download Full-Text PDF).
- Cohen SP, Bogduk N, Dragovich A, Buckenmaier CC, 3rd, Griffith S, Kurihara C, et al. Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-response, and preclinical safety study of transforaminal epidural etanercept for the treatment of sciatica. Anesthesiology. 2009;110(5):1116-26.
- Tobinick E, Davoodifar S. Efficacy of etanercept delivered by perispinal administration for chronic back and/or neck disc-related pain: a study of clinical observations in 143 patients. Curr Med Res Opin. 2004;20(7):1075-85. Epub 2004/07/22.